At Play in the Woods, Forest School can help develop and teach a range of subjects that we can taller to your needs, from:
- Biology and Sciences, looking at plant life and by experimenting.
- Maths, Counting and Measuring.
- Citizenship, Learning about the “birds and the bees.”
- Design and Technology, Making birdhouses and designing flower gardens.
- P.E, running about playing games.
- Art, Natural art is a great way to start enjoying things outdoors.
- English, Workbooks, names and stories.
A non-classroom environment gives children increased stimulation and encourages a higher learning potential.
The combination of freedom and responsibility is particularly beneficial to those with little confidence or challenging behaviour.
Forest school Introduction:
Forest school taster session, suitable for children and young people of any age.
A scheme of work in the woods:
Six-day, general, forest school program. Suitable for children and young people and tailored to any age.
Forest school lessons:
Ongoing, general sessions offered with the frequency that best suits your organisation and can be structured over a half term, a term or a more extended period. Suitable for children and young people of any age.
We practice the Leave No Trace ethics, and it is straightforward: Make it hard for others to see or hear you and LEAVE NO TRACE! of your visit.
Our classes will help to develop –
- Self Awareness
- Self Regulation
- Boost motivation
- Communication skills
- A positive mental attitude including self-esteem and confidence