We work on a 1 to 1 basis and sessions are always aimed at the young person. We work with people who are struggling in mainstream educational schools and home education.
We run the sessions at our sister site in Clevedon.
Surrounded by the beautiful Swiss Valley countryside, guests take part in a wide range of activities in accordance with their interests. We reward a full program of activities with a certificate at the end of the term.
Equestrian based Activities
- How to groom your horse
- instruction in safe handling techniques
- mucking out stables and creating a safe stable space
- feed management- best diet for health and money consideration
- land management- how to rotate grazing/poisonous plants/safe de-weeding practices
- yard management- safe equipment storage/maintaining communal spaces
- tack maintenance- bridle/saddle components; safest products to use on various items; safe storage to prevent damage
- equine healthcare and first aid- basic wound care/how to diagnose basic ailments.
Forest School Activities
- Wildlife projects
- Yard maintenance
- Cooking and life skills
- Art and craft projects
- Bushcraft and survival skills
Sessions are £150 for 1 hours. 20% Discount available for block of 5hr bookings. Please ask for further information.
Each child will get their own tailored plan. Working along the EHCP (if one is in place). Working alongside staff at the stables, we aim to improve:
• Confidence and self-esteem;
• Communication and social skills;
• Physical skills;
• Greater understanding and awareness of the natural environment;
• Natural motivation and a positive attitude to learning;
• The ability to recognise and manage risk;
• Healthier lifestyles.
If this is something you would like to do please get in contact.