• To provide an opportunity for individuals to develop, to learn and to enjoy themselves.
• To provide a safe and non-threatening environment in which children can develop practical life skills, take risks, make choices and initiate their own learning.
• To help children understand, appreciate and care for the natural environment.
• To develop self-esteem, independence, confidence and a positive disposition to learning through the completion of small, achievable tasks.
• To develop social and team working skills.
• To enable children to be independent, self-motivated and considerate.
• To be true to the forest school ethos and approach.
• To develop a secure, happy and welcoming atmosphere.
• To provide stimulation and varied learning activities appropriate to the child’s needs and stages of development.